Sunday, April 1, 2012

Karo Syrup finger painting

I have been doing finger painting with Karo syrup since my daughter was 1 and it is so fun.  A little messy but they turn out awesome, and everything we use is edible so it doesn't matter if the kids eat it.  Actually my daughter loves to lick her fingers when we are done.  
I first tape down some card stock so that it doesn't move around

Then brush a very thin layer of karo syrup all over the paper

Then add drops of food coloring


let kids finger paint on the paper( i keep them naked, so I can throw them in the shower since they get sticky!)

you end up with these cool creations that when dry are a shiny finger painting.

problem is that if you live somewhere warm (we don't) they may heat up and drip if you hang them, sooooo......


I decided to try covering them in clear contact paper and it worked awesome

now we paint, let them dry, cover them in clear contact paper and then cut them to put on the front of our homemade cards.

I love this because it is a fun project with the kids and using their artwork for cards makes the relatives happy and me since I have a use for all their creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment