Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Name Sign for Ben and Ava



So I attempted to make a sign for my cousins little boy and I think it turned out pretty cute.  I started with a blank canvas and covered the entire thing with mod podge then smoothed a piece of material over it.  I let it dry a little then took my hot glue gun and wrapped the edges of the material around the canvas.  I cut out the shapes and letters with my cricut using the create a critter and Plantin schoolbook cartridge.  I used the xyron to stick all the pieces of the critters together, then I put mod podge on the letter B and stuck it on the material.  Then I used the xyron again with the permanent adhesive and stuck the rest of the cute critters on the sign.  To finish it I used the hot glue gun to glue the ribbon (I would have used blue but only had black, and I can't buy it on the island) to the back as a hanger.  I'm not sure if I should leave it like this or mod podge over the entire thing, any help is appreciated.







I did a few more and threw some mod podge over the one for Gracie.  I think they are cute and hope the kids like them

the mod podge still wet
Add caption



This sign I made for a friend's baby.  I had a hard time with it because the colors she gave me to work with were boy colors.  but it turned out ok, I cut the name and caterpillar out of scrapbook paper and the date and flowers out of vinyl.  I covered the board with acrylic paint and mod podge before I stuck everything on it, then modpodged over it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment