Wednesday, February 1, 2012

tutorial on shaving cream painting

I have done shaving cream painting with my daughter who is 3 multiple times and each time we end up with beautiful paper!  It is easy and fun.  Below are the steps we follow.  I used to use food coloring, but that stains our hands for a few days, so now I use a washable paint like tempera and it works great, I think you could use any paint!  
spread shaving cream in pan

drip paint on shaving cream

swirl paint with a toothpick

press down paper 

remove paper

clean off shaving cream with ruler or a squeegee

I put used shaving cream from squeegee back in pan

repeat process

one of the finished papers
I let them dry for a few minutes then place them on a flat surface and put something heavy on them to keep them flat because they have a tendency to curl.  I have been using the paper to make cards and critters on the Cricut!  You can use as many colors as you like, we only used red here because we were making the paper for Valentines Day.  After we are done I usually set my daughter in our shower and let her play with the shaving cream and paint the shower with it, then I just rinse her, the pan and the shower off.  She loves it!  I didn't link to a site because I didn't find this on the web although there are plenty of sites that show how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment