Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easter Bunny Wreath

I am so happy with how this project turned out!  It is the first major craft project I have done all on my own, no instructions from the web or seeing it somewhere and trying to copy it!  I'm kinda proud of myself, and it was a project that my 3 year old daughter not only helped with but also helped design!  
I originally went to the hardware store to get the foam insulation for pipes to make into a wreath form since I can't buy one on the island.  I lucked out and 2 long pieces less then $2 each!  Then my daughter decided we should make a bunny and a butterfly with them ( we are going to play with the butterfly idea later).  So I thought ok, we can do a face and ears, but she wanted a body also, so we made a huge wreath.
I cut two pieces the same size for the ears, and then two more each a little longer
for the head and body.  the bite marks are from my 1 year old :)

I attempted to use my hot glue gun on the bottom  circle, and it worked, but
it melted the foam and was a pain, so I switched to a lovely shade of purple duct tape!

I brushed glue on the ears and the kids had a wonderful time adding the cotton balls

my original idea was to only put cotton balls on the ears, but
since we had tape everywhere, I decided to let them cover the entire thing.
I used clear packing tape to connect all the pieces.

here it is with almost all 200 cotton balls in the bag on it.
As my daughter stuck the balls on I would go behind her and stretch them out so it
looked a little bit less bally :)

need to fix the bow, but here it is hanging on the door

sorry about the poor light, need my hubby to change some light bulbs
(no I'm not one of those wives that has their husband do stupid things like that, but I am
afraid of heights and the bulbs are 20' in the air)

Overall I think it turned out awesome and it cost less than $10, since I had the ribbon :)  Bonus was the kids had a blast doing it!

1 comment: