Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dijon halibut and salmon

Anybody who knows me knows that I am not a fan of fish, but I try really hard to eat it.  Actually I have a new goal to eat it three times a week because I know it is healthy and I want my kids to like it, I mean we do live in Alaska on the ocean!  I have a constant supply of fish and no reason not to make it. So I pulled some silver salmon and halibut out to thaw and was going to make one of the dishes that I really like, but I have a sick cranky baby and the time that recipe requires wasn't available!  So I found this old recipe card that I have seriously been hauling around for 10 years and have never tried, so I pulled it out and it was AWESOME, FAST, and EASY!

place fish on broiler pan, I covered mine and sprayed it with pam first,
then lightly salt the fish

mix 2/3 C Mayo with 3 TBLSP of Dijon Mustard and slather
this on the fish.  Top it with parmesan cheese, I added some of
the cheddar you see in the pic because I love cheese.

Broil for 10 min or til fish is starting to flake, DO NOT OVER COOK IT!
remember that fish continues to cook after you take it out of the oven!
Sprinkle with dill and serve!

I liked it and the kids liked it!  
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment